Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com

Red Wings Justin Abdelkader If youre going to dish it out you have to take ...

DETROIT Rugged Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader can take a hit as well as dish one out.

Abdelkader said there's no hard feelings about the check he received from Tampa Bay's Jason Garrison late in Game 5 Saturday.

It's playoff hockey and that's what it's all about Abdelkader said.

It might have been payback for Abdelkader's hit on Garrison on March 28 a check that idled the Lightning defenseman for the final six games of the regular season and the first three games of this series with an upper body injury.

There hasn't been anything verbally Abdelkader said. I think both of us play a hard game a physical game. I've been finishing my checks as much as I can on him and the rest of those guys and he's the same type of player.

Obviously if you're going to give out the hits you've got to be able to take the hits too.

Abdelkader was being hooked by Steven Stamkos in the corner when Garrison skated in crunched into the boards. Stamkos was penalized for hooking. Garrison was not penalized.

I wasn't really prepared I didn't really see that coming Abdelkader said. I was in a bad position because I was going down from the hook and I couldn't really defend myself but he plays the game hard and you got to be prepared when those guys are on the ice.

So hopefully it's the same for those guys when I'm out on the ice they know I'm going to be coming hard and finishing my checks.

Articles Source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages